Sunday, August 12, 2012

i just had a great and desperately needed softball/drinking day.  i was super depressed from being sick and missing all the fun things i was going to be doing last week.  and so i really needed that.  we went to kellen's house in connecticut and played softball in his backyard and did the drinking debauchery thats always fun.  i learned that at a campout, either have a fuck buddy, or have your own tent.  cause no matter how you plan where you're going to sleep, you're cockblocking somebody.  i made 3 different sleeping nests only to have to move to allow some couple to have some 'lone time.  at one point i just said no.  IM SLEEPING HERE. YOU MOVE.  but it all worked out (ish).  i got like 4 hours or so of sleep like thing.

and now, i'm back home, packing up all my things.  i hate doing this.  i do it so often its a process.  first i take down my posters.  then i fill my book boxes.  then i load up the big boxes.  then i fold all my clothes.  it just sucks.
but the worst part is, i'm moving away from all my new best friends.  i was extremely sad to leave vassar.  extreme depressed.  but then i made a group of wonderful freinds.  i have 5 bros (something dank haus was but not quite like this.  i've always wanted to be a bro).  i have my group of girls (who by obligation think i'm the nicest young boy - that is, my friendzone crew).  and i have a great feel for boston and where to go and what to do.  O and i have my work buddies.  who are awesome.  getting paid is sweet.  and when i get paid appropriately, i'm going to be (effectively) loaded.  cause i spend tons of money on alcohol already and i can more or less support the drinking on my measely current salery.  i just imagine what i could do with a proper engineer salary.

i find myself doing the reflecting thing a lot.  i mean thats what you do when you pick up and move your life.  i've been thinking mostly about if i played my summer right.  most of my goals were met.  i don't really wanna get into it, but i think i made the right decisions.  cause what i wanted - to live in a big city and have a crazy fun time - is what i got.  i just don't want to let it go.

and even though its scary to say, i didn't need my vassar people to make it happen.  i miss them.  all the freaking time. but thats what will make seeing them so special, is the being away.  it'll make going to nyc so much extra special.

(don't cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment