Monday, June 18, 2012

I realized the last couple post topics has been about darren overcoming girl fears.  riveting as that is, the only two places that topic can go are things that I don't need to post about.  So this is my last post on the topic (until I undoubtably forget that resolution and bring up the matter again).

Yesterday was really fun.  Sundays always are now.  It started by going to a brunch where pink and purple teams met up for food and drinks.  never gone out for pre-noon drinking before.  that was cool.

then we went to the fields and i played two games.  one of the teams is way under staffed, so some people were lent out to this team.  between that game and my team game, i had 4 hits!  it was awesome.    my team got a tie and the other team i played with lost a heartbreaker.

then the real games started.  the karoake competition was pretty fun.  I'll hopefully get some photos of my outfit.  I thought i did pretty well.  i certainly had fun.  i sang and mostly danced michael jackson's thriller.  there should be video somewhere as well.  some of the other good performances were beastie boys sabotage, queen bohemian rhapsody, and grease summer nights.  i didn't win, but i got plenty of complements on my costume - a sign perhaps.

after the competition there was regular karaoke and drinking.  my day goal was to get a number.  but even before I could ask the girl (who i had been crushing on last week), another girl told me she spoke with this particular girl and heard she thought i was cute.  a good sign.  during my song, another boy sat next to this girl and just wouldn't leave.  i enlisted a teammate to run distraction for me.  then it was just me and this girl.  time to jump in.  getting the number was surprisingly easy.  its not that big a deal, we're already friends, so it was just a friend thing.  but with the new cute datapoint, i had a greater goal.  i wanted a date.  so, i chickened out a couple times, then just went for it.  and she said no.  not ready for a relation right now blah blah.  but you know what.  it wasn't that bad.  we kept talking for a little while and she sent me a nice text later that night.
 
but thats really a great thing.  i asked a girl out and she said no and i'm alive.  not crushed, not hurt, just fine.  so i'm actually content with things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment