Sunday, June 17, 2012

Maybe I can do this thing

I've come a long way in the last three days.  I went out on thursday and got the perfect during-week buzz.  I went out on friday and I asked a girl to dance and got shut down.  and last night, i took a couple more steps.

it was jame's 21st birthday, so we went out for dinner and drinking.  dinner was good, and it was late enough that there was a bachelorette party going on in the area.  we had a group of maybe late 20s early 30s come up to us with a list of things they had to do and take photos of.  the first was to take a photo with a "jay".  james is close enough.  done deal.  the next was to get a piggy back ride from someone.  matt is a big dude, taken care of.  I said, why don't you just show us the list and we'll do as many as we can.  the next one on the list was a body shot.  ...  it was my turn to do something for them, so i said i'd do it.  i went and bought a tequila shot and did a body shot off lisa.  matt got a photo.  there is proof.  they thanked us and took off.  we were still giggling.

next we walked around for an hour or something while i was being too picky about where to go.  covers suck.  stupid bars.  anyways, when i realized i was the one keeping us from going somewhere, i said fuck it we're going here.  we bought drinks.  danced a while.  james and matt are both in relations, so they were scouting for me.  (that was weird, they would point to a pretty girl and give me the "hey" eyes).  I asked to dance and got turned down, but immediately was asked to dance by another girl (per james' doing).  then we bought another drink and i went and asked another girl to dance.  she was skeptical but i must have been convincing or something.  so i taught her to swing dance.  that alerted her to my not being a creepy dude.  (which i'm not by the way).  we got to talking and talked and danced for maybe 6 or 7 songs.  she's 24 and doing a masters in marine biology.  sarah.  very pretty.  so we were dancing and matt had to go to catch a train back home.  james mentioned wanting to leave.  and i knew what they were doing (leaving me alone with her) but i freaked out and said something and ran away with james.   i didn't even get her number.  stupid darren.
BUT!  that was some huge steps for me.

And theres still one day of weekend left.  friday's goal was to talk to a girl.  saturday's goal was to dance with a girl (it was supposed to be grind with a girl, cause that's the scariest of all, even more than asking for a number.  i can't just come into your space and touch you.  that's just crazy talk).  sunday's goal is to get a number.  I'm coming home today with a girl's number.  that's going to happen.

big boisterous plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment